Tuesday 6 August 2013

My Latest Read: Obsidian, Onyx and Opal

My Latest read: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout.


"When seventeen-year-old Katy Swartz moved to West Virginia right before her senior year, she'd pretty much resigned herself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring, but then she spotted her hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up...until he opened his mouth. Daemon Black is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. It's hate at first sight, but when a stranger attacks her and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot guy next door? Well, he's an alien. Turns out that Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities and Katy is caught in the crosshairs. Daemon's touch has lit her up like the Vegas Strip and the only way she's getting out of this alive is by sticking close to him until her alien mojo fades. That is if she doesn't kill him first."

So there's the blurb, but somehow I don't think that quite does the book justice as it is an amazing book, and I know I'm speaking for alot of people here when I say it is truly brilliant and is a one-sit read, Katy is the girl your dying to be and Daemon is the man you'd kill to be with.

When it comes to books I'm very picky, so to speak the paranormal I read about is limited; wizards, witches, dragons, aliens don't intrigue me (don't get me wrong I love vampires, werewolves, Fallen angels, and other super natural things, just not those!) But this book made me fall in love, because we all want the life in it! A hot mysterious guy, a crazy lively friend like Dee, and the shock that more than we could ever imagine is out there....  

I loved +Jennifer Armentrout writng, it had me on the edge of my seat the whole way through and begging for more, topping the book off with how well write it was as you could feel the sexual tension in the book where you were sitting.

I highly recommend her books as audiences are guaranteed to love it just as much as I, future books, such as Onyx and Opal are great books too; I am awaiting the release of Origin (just three more weeks!) a series truly to die for!


No comments:

Post a Comment