Wednesday 4 March 2015

Latest read: Opal by Jennifer L'Armentrout


So tonight someone I specifically asked not to read my blog decided to  start reading out a previous post to me, and after reading through my old posts I  have decided to continue my reviews on the books. 

NO ONE IS LIKE DAEMON BLACK.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger... and they know it.


Opal has the most heart breaking ending that I know of so far, the quest to get back what is important to Daemon and Dee is intense and after knowing that the people they care about are still alive, all bets are off as to keeping quiet and everything under wraps. Someone who is the enemy and not to be trusted returns and the small group are forced to trust them or face not getting the person they care about back.

Once they have Dawson it becomes his soul mission to get back Beth, but in doing so and getting her back they lose someone else dear and Dee finds that not being forgiving can be the worst thing you can do when you've already lost your soul mate, so losing your best friend can be a bummer too. 

The ending actually had me crying, and then after listening to some new bands I have found a song that is fitting to be the books theme tune, check out Follow My Voice by For All Those Sleeping. You can just imagine the cheesy scene where all the characters standing together while the wind blows gently with Daemon and Katy at the back. 

Altogether I think Jennifer has managed to leave us on a dreadful fate determining cliff hanger where were hoping for a happy reunion between our favourite love interest and everyone else's happiness. 





No comments:

Post a Comment