Thursday 30 April 2015

It's late, but I finally finished re-reading Opal!! And I just ordered Opposition!! :D Excited much!!

So to start off, I'm what? 3-4 days late in delivering my fresh 2nd review for Opal as I finally finished re-reading it! I also bring news of the people who do the covers for the books and will be telling of my excitement for Opposition which I have not read yet!!

NO ONE IS LIKE DAEMON BLACK.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn't fooling around. Doubting him isn't something I'll do again, and now that we've made it through the rough patches, well... There's a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can't protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I'm no longer the same Katy. I'm different... And I'm not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I'm capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won't turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we're stronger... and they know it.

So I've just brought youtube up to give me inspiration for my review. And if I'm being honest the book does not really need it because it's amazing all by itself, but hey, I just love music! I'm going to recap what I said last time, 1) I'm sorry for the really late review and 2) I just finished re-reading the book what? 5 minutes ago, and again the ending had me in tears. Why? Because we know that Daemon as a character only has one real weakness - and that's losing the people he cares about. 

Reading the book again doesn't stop me from feeling nervously anticipated despite knowing everything that is going to happen. It makes me so mad when the enemy, the person who killed Adam in Onyx returns, especially when he betrays them for a second time, Blake is such a douchey character. Also Dee turns her back on most of her friends after losing Adam, which was a stupid thing to do but it's also understandable when your grieving. It just doesn't help when Carissa goes missing, is used and then self destructs, because Dee can never get closure in that sense and the guilt will eat away at her. 

However, after risking everything to help those they love most you get to experience a short but beautiful reunion between Dawson and Beth, however a problem arises in the name of Blake, because lets face it, he can never be trusted - but he'll get whats coming to him, I know that for a fact. The tragedy that strikes leaves out favourite love interest split apart because when taking a huge risk there is always a consequence, and it's the most heart breaking thing, because seeing Daemon's pain at knowing he's lost Katy it so intense you can feel the emotion. I love it and hate it at the same time - the way an author can make you feel the character's emotions. However as mentioned in my last review for the book you should checkout what would be an ideal theme tune for the book - Follow My Voice by For All Those Sleeping, it's awesome, but unless you can handle a bit of rock then don't go there ;)

Next I'm commenting on the model's for the book cover's, because after reading Obsidian and Onyx a couple of year's ago I went all stalker mode, and I tracked down on Jennifer L'Armentrout's page in an interview that they happened to be a couple, how romantic right? I guess that's why there's so much chemistry in the body language in the cover's, not just that though, they have done multiple book cover's for different writer's, for example Abbi Gline's Existence series concluding of Existence, Predestined and Ceaseless, I happen to really love this series, it's about a girl falling in love with Death, but that's a review for another day. They also appear on the Significance series, which I cannot remember for the life of me who its by, but if you want to let me know or hit me up with some comments that'd be great, maybe we can get a debate going.

Lastly, I want to talk about the fact that just before I started this review 25 minutes ago, I bought Opposition which is the last book in the Lux series sadly, the only book I have not read. I'm so excited but at the same time I'm dreading the moment I reach the last page. I hate finishing a series so much because the author is no longer writing about the character's, which puts them in a freeze in time while we people in the real world continue to move forward without them, which sucks. But altogether I am so excited to find out about Daemon and Katy's ending, because in Origin there is another huge cliff hanger that the book end's on.

Let me know your thoughts and opinions by leaving a comment and I'll have my review for Origins for you as soon as possible ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment