Saturday 9 May 2015

Totally unrelated, but who has seen A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff in it?

Is it just me that thinks the movie A Cinderella Story teach's good life lessons and sets realistic goals? 

After just Watching A Cinderella Story again, it made me realise that it teach's valuable lesson's in life and values that we should all have? Something to aspire to. 

First off, this was the first time I'd seen Hilary Duff, I may have seen glimpses of her in Lizzie Maguire which is where she acquired her fame but I never watched a whole episode or regularly watched it until about a year ago? When my little sister watched the episodes on youtube, sadly we never reach the last episode though. I think Hilary Duff is amazing, she was like an idol to me after I watched A Cinderella Story at the age of ten. Her character Sam is really important because in the beginning of the film she is a true representation of how most people feel; it's easy to be bossed around, and to feel timid and helpless and like you have to do what others say, but she shows us throughout the film that you should always be yourself and not let others drag you down, that if something bad happens and you feel like you have nothing left, then you should pick yourself up and carry on going. I always loved her dress sense, although it was slightly tom-boyish, the converse with combats and the t-shirt that revealed the smallest sliver of stomach was an amazing combination to me. And her personality was amazing, she was strong despite her crappy life, and she still managed to smile and life which shows her positivity. 

Most people could say that "hey it's just a film! and Sam is only a character" but this is one of those films that is actually someone else's reality, because you can't say that out of the seven billion people in this world - this set of events has not happened to one person, because it reality it has. Now if there was a unicorn or dragon in it then it wouldn't be someone's reality unless they were on meth. 

The film teach's us that it's okay to be the people we are and continue to be them through judgement, that no matter how bad a person is to us for any length of time, we should never let it change us because it's not worth it. 

Not to mention that Chad Michael Murray also just happens to be a hottie ;) I had a crush on him ever since I saw him, and then it continued when I saw him in One Tree Hill as Lucas Scott. This aspect of the film teach's us that there are good guys out there that perfectly suit us - even though it may not appear that way, we shouldn't be so judgemental, be more open and look more closely because you could be walking past your soul mate at any given moment. And even though you could be waiting years for them, in the end it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure I had more to say on the film, more little thoughts and theories, but it has all fled me in the time I have taken to write this, so I will leave it at that and I won't make your ears bleed 
Peace out guys ;) 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment